Counselling & Psychotherapy
My counselling and psychotherapy work embraces an integrative approach which means that I integrate various models of therapy such as psychodynamic, cognitive behaviour therapy, solution focussed, transactional analysis and humanistic concepts. The person centred approach is my original core model of training and I strongly value the influences of humanistic approaches. I hold the belief that we all are motivated by the innate tendency to become the unique person we can be and to achieve all that we can within the circumstances of our lives.
Integrating models allows flexibility and freedom in working with your issues. I firmly believe that therapy is not a one size fits all process, therefore the integration of therapeutic models allows the opportunity to fully satisfy your needs and concerns. It is important to understand that therapy is not about giving advice or having any persuasion that may be linked to my view point. It is about you the client developing a better understanding of yourself, others and your issues which will allow you to find your own solutions. To facilitate this I offer a comfortable, contemporary, relaxed, private and safe therapy room where there is no judgement and with a collaborative manner and a high level of confidentiality.
Counselling and Psychotherapy is not a quick fix or cure, it does involve your commitment and effort, I have helped many many clients with mild to severe issues and concerns successfully, it is likely I can help you too.
Qualifications and Continued Professional Development
- FdA Degree Counselling (Person Centred)
- Certificate Brief Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Certificate Cognitive Analytic Therapy & Techniques
- Certificate CBT Palliative Care
- Certificate Loss & Bereavement
- Certificate Solution Focussed (and brief) Therapy
- Mindfulness Practitioner Certification
- Mindfulness & Compassion Integration in Professional Practice
- Level 3 Diploma Adult Mental Health
- Level 3 Diploma Substance Misuse & Addictions
- Certificate Substance Misuse Relapse
- Prevention and Recovery
- Certificate Suicide Prevention
- RCGP Child & Adolescent Mental Health
- RCGP Veterans Mental Health
- Certificate in Safeguarding Children
- Certificate in Play Therapy
- RSPH Understanding Health & Health Improvement
- Level 3 Counselling Skills & Theory
- Level 2 Counselling Skills
Step 1) You have taken the first step by reaching my website. Step 2) Next you can call or email me to arrange a free 30 minute telephone consultation prior to booking your initial assessment session of up to 90 minutes. I am aware that many clients find it difficult to speak over the phone due to individual reasons, this is no problem, you can book your initial assessment session directly by email. Step 3) The assessment session gives us both the opportunity to meet face to face to discuss your concerns and see how I can help, but most importantly to see if we are compatible to work therapeutically as a sound therapeutic relationship is paramount to successful therapy. By the end of the session if you would like to take sessions further we will discuss relevant paperwork including our working agreement/contract. We will then arrange to book in additional 60 or 90 minute sessions at an agreed day and time for you. It really is as simple as 1,2,3.